SERVICES WE OFFER INCLUDE:
A. General Gynecology
The hospital accept, review and manage common gynaecological disorders such as Infertilty, Amenorrhea, abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic infection, menstrual disorders, endometriosis , uterine masses such fibroids, adnexal masses,pelvic organ prolapse, benign and malignant disorders of the reproductive organs as well as perimenopausal and menopausal disorders. we also also provide many forms of female and male contraception.
B. This backed up with Gynecologic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy services available in the hospital. Currently diagnostic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy is regularly offered where properly indicated with good outcomes. Beside operative hysteroscopy (Adhesiolysis, polypectomy, myomectomy,uterine septum resection) are currently performed here. Also operative laparoscopy ( Clip application,electrocoagulation for permanent family planning; Salpinogotomy, salpingostomy and salpingectomy for tubal ectopic pregnancies; cystectomy and ophorectomy for benign adnexal masses; adhesiolysis for pelvic and peritoneal adhesions, Laparoscopic Ovarian drilling for polycystic Ovarian disease; and Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy and Total laparoscopic Hysterectomy < TLH > for appropriate indications) are now being performed routinely in the hospital.
C. Cervical Cancer Screening by VIA, VILI, PAP SMEAR and COLPOSCOPY.
Treatment options for pre malignant lesions Available in our centre include:
1. Ablative techniques : cryotherapy, Cold Coagulation using the Semm’s cold coagulator and Electrocoagulation diathermy
2. Excisional techniques: Large loop excision of the transformation zone (LLETZ),cold Knife Coagulation and hysterectomy
D. The hospital provide adequate and focused antenatal care.This is backed up with good antepartum and intrapartum feto-maternal monitoring
and neonatal care services. Besides,immunization services for the newborns,infant and children are readily available.
E. Neonatal care services with incubators and phototherapy facility
F. Primary health care services.
These services are enhanced by:
1. Effective sharing of relevant informations to our patients through qualitative antenatal talk, provided primarily by the medical officers, midwives and occasionally by the consultant. This has over the years improved their knowledge on the key factors responsible for increased maternal morbidity and mortality such as postpartum haemorrhage, hypertensive diseases of pregnancy etc, change their attitude towards them and finally cause them to adopt necessary measures and decisions needed to reduce the feto-maternal morbidity associated these conditions.
2. Provision of facilities for effective Emergency obstetric services and other critically ill patient such regular availability of oxygen, ambu bag,, compressor nebulizer, pulse oximeters, oropharyngeal airways, suction machines, ECG machine and continuous fetal and maternal monitors
3. Well equipped Obstetric and Gynaecology theatre supported with high profile covidien electrosurgical platform ( Force Triad ), good theatre table that offers good ergonomics and a functional anaesthetic machine
4. A dedicated endoscopic theatre for Minimal access surgeries ( Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and cystoscopy ) supported with a high frequency energy platforms such as force FX by covidien, GEN 11 generator by Johnson and Johnson (Harmonics and Enseal).
5. Partnership with Marie Stopes International (a non – governmental, not-for-profit organization) through Marie Stopes Nigeria in providing high quality family planning and reproductive health services.
6. Cervical Cancer screening programme that include PAP smear, Visual inspection under Acetic acid (VIA), Visual Inspection under Lugol Iodine ( VILI ) and Colposcopy are provided. Beside Adequate treatment modalities for premalignant lesion off the cervix such as Crotherapy, Large loop excision of the transformation zone ( LEEP/ LLETZ) are readily available.
7. Collaboration with other consultants in other related specialist areas necessary for a more efficient management of the patients
8. Prompt referral where necessary
9. Regular training and updates.